Tuesday, December 25, 2007

it's not enough


hello all.

saw this with the girlies yesterday at fifth avenue cinemas, which is my favourite theatre here:



it was a wonderful movie with an amazing actress (ellen page). will probably see it again when i buy the dvd, unless i'm too impatient and pay $8 to see it in theatres again. the soundtrack is pretty damn good too.

earlier yesterday, we had breakfast at sophie's cosmic cafe and swapped presents too. i got some pretty wicked gifts. roxy gave me charcoal pencils and yoshitomo nara postcards. dara gave me watercolours and a pad of sketchbook paper. lara gave me a little white teapot and a nightmare before christmas poster. denise gave me a fugitives cd. awesome possum. it was so great to have the five of us in one place again like the old days. so. effing. great. we walked around west 4th and i bought a pair of plaid chucks for $16.

++

today (technically yesterday, xmas eve, but i haven't gone to bed yet) i saw paul and john for the first time in four months, which was soooo incredibly great.

me: i'm 18 years old right now, right?
john: yeah which means you can drink in a year.
me: *laughs
john: "tell me honestly how many times you did? i wont tell your mom. *smile
me: haha anyway. im 18 now and i'll probably die when i'm like 85, 88 to make it easy math. that means 70 years more of life, right?
john: right.
me: it's not enough.
john: you think so?
me: uh-huh.

++

went shopping for a whopping 45 minutes with mom and sis at metrotown. holy shizat, the metrotown mall has changed hella. i hardly recognize it. they have some decent shops now. hahaha i may go back there later for some major boxing day insanity. we had dinner at a korean restaurant then drove around for two hours around neighbourhoods just looking at xmas light decorations while blasting music and singing. i sang as if i were drunk. now i have a throaty voice. anyway we went through about five of the gazillion mix cds in my mom's car. the last song we played was Nirvana's The Man Who Sold The World, which i hadn't heard in ages. AGES. that mix cd was maybe the first one i ever made, from grade nine or ten. we listened the shit out of it when we drove to Squamish for a swim meet (50 kilometres from Vancouver).

cool. i love my fam's random go-for-drive things. we hadn't had one in a while. it almost always has to be at night in the darkness, and few cars on the street. tonite it was like a ghost town, everyone was inside having xmas dinner. no cars. pretty fucking awesome i'd say.


came home and i danced to I Am The Walrus and burned another mix cd and chilled before watching Half Nelson, which was another terrific movie.

my sister is excited to open christmas presents tomorrow. our little tree is decked out in red baubles and little candy canes. we just decorated it this afternoon. can't wait for the morning.

talked to bryan again on msn. gah i think he likes me more than i like him. a little weird.

happy christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

merry christmas!! :) I can't wait to see Juno, it opened here today so I am going to see it maaaaybe tonight! but maybe tomorrow haha.

Point Dexter said...

I can't wait to see Juno! I've been geeky about it - watching all of the trailers and clips and such.

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Juno was great!

You can read more from the screenwriter here:

http://diablocody.blogspot.com/

(I found you from Krista, Oceanaria's blog)

Jennifer Robertson said...

I LOVED Juno too! So good!!