Thursday, November 30, 2006

Vancouver Symphony Orchestra pictures from friday! hooray! how exxxciting!

to be honest, though, i really enjoyed the concert and i plan to bully my mom into buying more tickets. i was soooo not allowed to take pictures inside the Orpheum but i did anyway until an usher caught me.

the Orpheum is really old but sooo pretty inside.

i miss being in band... ahaha

outside, the snowflurries were kicking in

what they played (for you classical music geeks):

MASTERWORKS GOLD
Nov 25, 27

Murphy And So Be Changed To Lightning in the End
Schumann Piano Concerto*
Dvorak Symphony No. 8

Kazuyoshi Akiyama conductor
Angela Cheng Piano*


it was a good concert. i hadn't been to a symphony orchestra concert since like 2004.


on a completely irrelevant note, i think i might go to a pregrad happening (literally) 2 seconds away from my apartment building. it's in a greek orthodox church (wow i totally just gave away my address, practically... seeing how there is prob only ONE GREEK CHURCH IN ALL OF VANCOUVER). anyway yaaaaaa i'll see if i'll go or not.

byes

4 comments:

Susie said...

That building's beautiful. But I like the crazy moving lights/colours pictures best.

MB said...

I really liked those pics.

Anonymous said...

OMG piano geekiness....was the Shumann Concerto good?

-Lara

My Name Is Fenny said...

yesyes. the first suite of it especially.