Friday, December 22, 2006



from JUNIE B. JONES LOVES HANDSOME WARREN, by Barbara Park:


+++++++++++++++++


CHAPTER SIX: SPEECHLESS


The next day, that Grace saw me on the bus.

Her mouth came all the way open.

I smiled very gorgeous.

"I know why you're looking at me like that, Grace," I said. "Mother said when people saw me, they would be speechless."

I fluffed my hair.

"Speechless is when your mouth can't speech," I explained.

That Grace pointed at my neck.

"What is that? Is that a dog collar you're wearing?" she said.

I laughed and laughed at her.

"You sillyhead,Grace!" I said. "Don't you know anything? This is a lovely collar of jewels! It is the kind of jewels that princesses wear! Only I didn't even know we had this gorgeous thing! I found it where Mother keeps the dog food. Only I don't actually know why it got put there."

I holded out my arms.

"And did you notice these, Grace? Did you notice my long white princess gloves? They are the kind of gloves that Cinderella wears. And Cinderella is a real, actual princess. Plus also she does floors."

I pointed at my head.

"And what about this golden crown I am wearing? It is from a real actual Dairy Queen! Plus, also I have red velvet bows on my sneakers! And Mother even drew lightning on their sides! Just like yours!"

I twirled all around.

"Just wait till Handsome Warren gets a load of me now! Right, Grace? Now that guy will have to love me! 'Cause who wouldn't?"

Grace slumped down in her seat.

She didn't talk the whole rest of the way to school.

And guess what else? When the bus got me schoo, she didn't even wait for me again.

She ran right straight to Handsome Warren without me.

I tried to race her. But my collar of jewels scratched my neck. Plus also my golden crown fell off my head.

Handsome Warren was sitting on the ground.

His face was hiding in his knees.

I pushed my way in front of Lucille and that Grace. Then I tapped him on the head.

"Hello. How are you today? I am wearing princess clothes," I told him.

Handsome Warren didn't look up. I tapped on his head again..

"Yeah, only I actually think you should get a load of me. 'Cause Grandma Miller says I am quite a sight," I said.



++++++++++++++++++++


I HEART JUNIE B. JONES SERIES FOREVERANDEVERANDEVERANDEVER. I vow to read only grade-one books this winter break.


ciao

1 comment:

carrie said...

cool! :-)

nice ring-pop, btw.