Saturday, September 02, 2006

KOREA TRIP, PART I.

ive uploaded one-third of my vacation pix, FRIGGIN HALLELUJAH.

my trip to korea was enlightening, if anything. i re-lived my old life for a week, remembered all the stuff i used to do/eat/watch, saw all of my relatives (family is a very big hairy deal there). i saw my dad which was great... damn, how can i even begin to explain in words what i did there and how i felt? it's impossible.

anyway im not gonna bother posting most of the family photos or the boring ones. i am hardly in any of the pictures because i did most of the snapping, but w/e. ENJOY


DAY 1

vancouver int'l airport...

i get a kick out of reading these safety pamphlets while on the plane. seriously.

plane food is gross for the most part but it's kind of fun coz
it's like a lil toy play kit.

best shit ever. MMMM. you eat it with rice (among other things...)

Hours and hours later...

OMFG WE ARRIVED.

the second i got off the plane, i started to feel the clinging humidity.

the incheon airport was pretty new and sleek and shiny high-tech.

my dad picked us up from the airport.
we drove from incheon to the suburb ilsan
(where i used to live about 10 years ago).

ilsan is technically a suburb to seoul, the capital,
but its population is close to about a million.

in ilsan, there is this place where over 300 restaurants/cafes
exist within a dense, 5-block radius. and EVERY SINGLE restaurant
is always crowded to the max, every time i go. it's like one big giant eatery.

so um, we had a lot of restaurants to choose from for dinner.

we ate grilled duck.
i feel like xiaxue or something posting pictures of food,
but it was REALLY good. mouth-watering good. better than i remembered.
(pst. i lack vocab.)

aw, i miss the food.

this is the BEST DRINK ON THE ENTIRE PLANET.
i nearly flipped in excitement when i ordered it.
it's similar to sprite/7up, but less sweet and smells herb-y... awesome

my mom, sister, and i stayed our first nite at my
maternal grandma's apartment, in ilsan.

apartment buildings are pretty much
omnipresent in seoul and its suburbs.
there are entire "forests" of apartment buildings in the city.

seeing my grandma for the first time in 5 years was so good... aw.
she's one of my closest relatives.
she and my mom talked for hours without end,
but my sis and i were exhausted, and fell asleep.

KOREA TRIP PART II WILL BE POSTED MOMENTARILY.

No comments: