Monday, June 04, 2007

loneliness tastes like pennies



this is procrastination to the fucking max. ahhhh. i haven't done any work this weekend, have multiple final exams this week. wholy crass. this shift in my homework behaviour makes me worry that i will be totally suffering during university. i really hope that the fact that i will not be taking any sciences/maths will change my affinity towards procrastinating like crazy all nite.

i have 59 pennies on my desk right now. i ordered them by date while i was on the phone. the oldest one i have here is from 1971, the newest from 2007. two coins from the year of my birth, 1989. touching pennies makes my hands smell bad. the bronzey copper colour of shiny pennies is pretty, but the old ones look stale and rusty. astrid thinks that sometimes loneliness tastes like pennies, and i think i agree.

six new pictures up on flickr.




yellow tree

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

someone told me that the reason why pennies smell horrible is because it's really the smell of all the oils on our hands.

of course i would know that.