Sunday, July 29, 2007

you cannot turn into a phantom because you are frightened.

Went to Oscars Art Books on Broadway yesterday and spent two hours looking at books on photography, traveling, graphic design, painting, jewelrymaking, watercolours, pastels, the history of postcards, the history of puppets, yadda yadda yadda. I saw a red-velvet-bound book of paintings by Mark Ryden in Japanese. two "how-to-dress" guides from Vice magazine. A huge-ass photography portfolio from Dave Lechappelle, with Kurt Cobain as Jesus and Courtney Love as Mary.

I bought a Griffin & Sabine sequel for 8 bucks! Lara, I need to take you there so you can complete the trilogy. The book is like a journal full of postcard/letter correspondence between a Griffin and a Sabine. They're intriguing. I want a journal just as beautiful. I am Lame with a capital L.

anyway, back to non-capitalization mode. i have 37 new emails in my inbox and university courses to choose and funds to apply for (barf), but i am much too lazy. watched My Girl today, plus bits of The Godfather Part III. i think al pacino looks handsome in the movie. i know i know. he was like fifty old. maybe older. sometimes i scare myself.

i can't stand the fact that summer's halfway over. i have less than 4 weeks till i move outta here. ahhh FUCK. i have so much i want to do, i know i won't be able to do them all before it's time over.

shit.

No comments: