Friday, April 14, 2006

Brian Byrne, singer of I Mother Earth, has a solo album which is to be released soon. I watched the video for his first single today. is it just me or is Byrne (pictured above) really droolworthy? hahaha. i have a couple of his songs on my computer already, from a loooong time ago i can't even remember when i got them. he has a song called Jen's Song! sweeeet. i adore his voice in IME stuff, but i'm not sure about his new solo songs.

i watched Capote. it was chilling. i finished watching it at 12 30am and i watched a bit of the Gogol Bordello performance on Jimmy Kimmel. i should check out their album soon. they're crazy.
gypsy punks gogol bordello.

im afraid im going to waste this long weekend by doing nothing but sleeping and procrastinating. anyway, today was the last of the keep the beat auditions, THANK THE FRIGGING LORD. i don't know why i'm relieved because truthfully the auditions weren't much work. i worry too much ahead of time.

for BCers: the newest copy of the student-written, greater vancouver-wide newspaper, Youthink, has an interview with Raine Maida (OLP) about his being a keynote speaker at vancouver's New Music West.

im blogging more and more about music and less about anything literary/abstract or even just about my daily life these days. i dont want this to turn into a music blog, though. there are plenty of them out there.

today i saw one of the TEACHERS in my school wearing a Shout Out Louds tshirt. i had to ask her if she went to their concert - she said she did, they opened for somebody she saw a while ago, and she couldn't remember who. she said she goes to too many concerts. bizarre.

i think i love sonic youth all over again, cause i've been listening to two of their albums for 3 days in a row now. 'sugar kane' is the best song.

3 comments:

Axtech said...

I love love love Brian's work with IME, but his new stuff is a little bit country (and, let's face it, I'm a little bit rock 'n' roll ... CHEESE FACTOR +50). I have to admit. the single's kind of catchy, so he may end up winning me over yet. I'll have to give the whole album a listen first, though...

My Name Is Fenny said...

woah it's robbo! :O

i adore brian in IME too... but yeah, i will have to give his solo cd a listen first.

My Name Is Fenny said...

oh and denise...
i dont know who it is exactly... i think she might be Ms. Dispirito, but I'm not sure.