Monday, April 03, 2006

sufjan stevens at a book store.


holy jeez it's late (nearly 3am). my entire family is awake and wasting time doing on stupid individual things. typical.


- Jen - says:
how are ya

matt says:
GOOD

matt says:
kinda pissed off

matt says:
at computer games..

matt says:
god i feel lke a geek

- Jen - says:
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaha


on a completely irrelevant note, my mom wants to take 5 years and write another phd thesis when her work load has lessened a bit. if she follows through with that plan, she will be the only person i know who has TWO Ph.D's. overeducation much? yeeaaah no kidding.

these days, adults see me as nothing but an opportunistic almost-university student. 3 people have asked me about my university plans in the last three days. can you fuckin believe it? it's almost become a greeting. all i give them are I Dont Know's because i truly DONT. on friday, the school secretary (i work for her in the office) asked me about my grades this term and started asking questions about blah blah blah. i nearly burst into tears either because i was touched by so many people caring when i hardly care or because i was sick of people discussing My Fat Bright Successful Future. erlack. it usually goes like this:


concerned adult: so jenny, what grade are you in now, 11 or 12?
jenny: 11.
concerned adult: are you thinking about what you'll be going into after high school?
jenny: well, sort of, but not really, kinda. no. kind of.
concerned adult: oh, but you have SO many opportunities! you could go to eastern canada, or do your SATs and go into the US, your grades are so good! you should really consider this that blah yadda yaddadsfkjaslgsdg.sds.dfs.fdfasgvdvdvs
jenny: ...
concerned adult: what university are you thinking of going into?
jenny: um, i-
concerned adult: it really depends on what you want to do, *more bullshit*
jenny: yeah. um.
concerned adult: have you ever given thought to this? and this?
jenny: ...


etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww Jen, I remember when I had that kind of stuff going on and it was no fun. I ended up not choosing what to apply for until about 2 weeks before I had to have my application done - and it all worked out fine. So don't worry too much about it, as annoying as people can be.