Thursday, October 26, 2006



my mom is reading this book on the unconscious self written by some american psychiatrist. i dunno whats in the book but now she believes in reincarnation. hmm. i guess she's always kind of been into that except she's talked about it more recently than usual. she isn't at all buddhist/religious, though.

when my dad calls, he likes to talk about how he volunteered w/ the church for the umpteenth time. it gives him happiness, so i guess that's all good... but his being somewhat of a "born-again christian" gives me the creeps still. i dont think he believes in god, but he goes to church anyway and he likes it. although, he used to hate church when we used to all go together. he has his personal reasons for suddenly believing in power of the church....... but i guess that's life

whenever my dad calls and tells that stuff to my mom, she usually ends up annoyed/half-yelling because she finds it so incredibly stupid. my dad and i had a giant talk about CHURCH when i saw him last summer. i tried to explain that i think the idea of organized religion is absurd, in broken korean and a mix of indignant cries of frustration. i dont think it worked.

my grandparents on my dad's side want me to go to church. ahahahahahah. if i DID go to church on a regular basis, i think i'd stop immediately, to spite them.

1 comment:

Dare said...

If you had already been going to church on a regular basis you'd be one of those scary hardcore ones.