Monday, April 09, 2007

see the cross-eyed pirate sit perched in the sun

YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE

yesterday nite i was cleaning under my bed (aka disaster area) when i came across my huge ass box. my huge ass box is a special box, because it contains souvenirs, memorabilia, and all sorts of other crap from my past. some things in this box include:


1. birthday, christmas, new year cards that date back to 1998 (when i first came to canada)
2. programmes from arts nights, band concerts, choir rehearsals, school plays
3. letters ive received from friends, family, and bloggers :O
4. class photos from elementary school years
5. miscallenous important crap i've accumulated over the last nine years


i laughed and cried going through this box and finding all sorts of old shit. in one of my birthday cards it said "OMGZ YOU'RE HALFWAY TO THIRTY!" hahaha oh dear. remember when denise and anna wrote the new lyrics to "sk8er dork"? i still have this. remember when we referred to specific people as HIM and HIMHIM and HIMHIMHIM? holy. shit. im. about. to. die. of. laughter.

i was overwhelmed with nostalgia. then i sat there for a while and was suddenly fearful for my future because i wouldn't be around these same people next year. frick i don't want to graduate. I DONT EVER WANT TO LEAVE VANCOUVER AND EVERYBODY IN IT, i thought.

le sigh.

3 comments:

MB said...

those boxes are the best, I was thinking about making more of a random scrap book, nothing really pretty just shit taped down with a few words...

carrie said...

collage is the new thing

Anonymous said...

awwwww dude i love nostalgia.......sometimes i think im crazy to want to leave next year.......and then i spend 5 minutes with my family and remember why hahahaha.

lara d