Saturday, July 01, 2006

just cos you feel it doesn't mean it's there (there's someone on your shoulder)


This morning when I woke up I had the Chantal Kreviazuk songs "Wayne" and "Surrounded" in my head... I don’t know how these songs get into my head because I haven’t listened to Chantal for a very long time.

This kind of thing happens regularly... all these songs I have or haven’t listened in a while is stuck in my head as soon as I wake up, and I find myself humming a snatch of this and that. Then I realize "Woah, I kinda haven’t listened to that in a while...".

It’s like a Freudian slip, depending on what kind of mood I am in. My brain pulls out random melodies when I am sleeping. I swear every single one of my dreams has a soundtrack to it, and sometimes when I wake up, I remember the song. It's kind of creepy because my brain does all this work without my knowing.

No comments: