Friday, June 23, 2006


my sister is playing some violin symphony music on the stereo. shes the classical nut in this household. umm ya. she thinks that she plays the clarinet better than i do, and i secretly sort of agree, but i know im better at sight reading. or maybe i just suck in general coz i quit lessons.

i dont know how i would feel if i lost a family member to cancer. my mom's friend's husband, who died a couple of years ago, was the closest person. that was... shocking and extremely depressing. he was the world's nicest person. his daughter graduated high school about four months after that. he always wore a hat to hide his bald chemotherapy head.

a lot of my relatives have passed away because of cancer but none that i've met. my mom's aunt and grandma both died of breast cancer, and my dad's father's sister had something too. there are more but i forget the rest.

on a completely different note... my sister's award-winning short story was published in a small newspaper. she's going to get her story published in a book with a bunch of other kids' short stories (including mine...). aw.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Losing people to cancer is absolutely horrible. I hope it never happens to you.