Sunday, June 25, 2006

oh yah, i kind of forgot to mention. my story that i submitted to some contest in march is now published in a glossy book of short stories written by kids.

i was way too lazy slash had writers' block back then, so i handed in a retarded short story from grade 10 english... and got honourable mention for it. ha. yesterday was the awards ceremony thingum. i feel bad that my shitty story is in such a beautiful book. had i known, maybe i would have written a better one.... hah who am i kidding.

my sister won $75 for getting the third prize. she won't let me read her goddamn story. it's called Wayne.

this is my third time writing for an anthology of kids' works, but a first for writing a short story. the first two publications were AGES ago... they were poems. i wrote both of them in kindergarten. i lost the first book but i still have the second one. the second book is like a collection of poems from different school districs in the city, or something like that. it was a big hairy deal, i think, coz i remember my mom buying multiple copies and giving them to relatives, as if it were some university thesis. my poem was about wine. hilarious.

i have two copies of the short story book and the whole thing is pretty amusing.

No comments: